Friday, May 9, 2008

Ouch!

Today we took our tiny little girl for her final toddler immunizations. It's funny to think, the same kid that makes you want to rip your ears off your head can make you feel so protective that your throat closes up.

My husband always tells me I talk tough when it comes to the kids, but when it really comes down to it, I am ready for a throw-down with anyone or anything that hurts them. He's right of course, he usually is. I rant, rave and complain regularly about how I can't stand the little beggars, but somewhere, somehow I wouldn't know what to do without them, all of them.

Well I digress. I don't know what it is about a small child, or a big child for that matter (another story) getting a needle and looking so helpless, especially when that child is your own, but it gets me every time.

I admit it I am a wimp, and I mean a WIMP when it comes to seeing my child hurting. So here we sit with this 23 lb little muffin smiling and acting silly as we prepare her for her shots. She counts as we remove one, then two arms from her little shirt, she giggles and wiggles. Then my wimpiness kicks in and I leave it all up to my sweet, relaxed husband, turn my head and hold back the tears.

1 comment:

Day by Day..Homeschool Life & more! said...

Ah C,,, you are a Great Mom!!! We could all learn a thing or two from you! Luv e