Thursday, May 8, 2008

Is that new?

Never did I think there would come a day when I would have to explain to my child that I not only needed but deserved something new. Be it a new pair of shoes, a pair of jeans, or a friggin' much needed new bra, I truly deluded myself into believing it would be no one's business, least of all a snot-nosed kid.


To my surprise my child somehow has this uncanny ability to sniff out anything new, and put it up for public scrutiny. "Oh, is that a new bag?" she chides, looking like she has been clad in hand-me-down rags her whole short life (which, by the way is getting shorter by the minute). This of course comes on the heels of taking her shopping for new shoes and of course the much needed accessories to go with the shoes, a whole new outfit.


Little does the snoopy little shit know that in fact my new, fancy, enviable bag is a diaper bag.

No comments: