Friday, July 18, 2008

All my ducks back in the nest





Oh I'm a sap, a real, super crybaby sap.  Today I picked up my son from camp.  He's been gone 13 days, and it was a long 13 days.  I missed him painfully, but hid it quite well, my husband would argue this though.


The drive never felt so long.  The road just kept on extending out, further and further, like we would never arrive.  Finally we arrived to see this gigantic looking kid perched on a log.  I honestly didn't think it was my kid from that distance.  He looked so big and tall, lean and tanned.  That is until he came running to meet me.  Then I could see without a doubt it was him.

I have never felt a hug that held so much in it.  He hugged me pressed his face into my chest and we both burst into tears.  Big hot sobbing tears.  I promised myself, again, that I wouldn't break down when I saw him, but this time I couldn't hold back.  He cried, I cried, we laughed, composed ourselves, grabbed his gear and headed home.

God it's good to have all my little ducks back together.  They can be such a source of angst, but I wouldn't know what to do without them all!!  

Welcome home!

No comments: